Based upon the belief of the healing power of art in therapy, The Hong Kong Association of Art Therapists was established in 2002 to promote and enhance the continued development of art therapy practice, guided by ethical and professional standards.
The Aims of HKAAT are to:
- Promote and enhance the continued development of art therapy practice within Hong Kong based upon professional standards
- Promote the exchange of knowledge between art therapists, helping professionals and mental health practitioners in Hong Kong.
- Conduct lectures, workshops and seminars in art therapy for those whom might benefit.
- Develop training opportunities for potential art therapists.
- Offer staff development training through art therapy for mental health institutions and schools in Hong Kong.
- Continue to establish links in art therapy between practitioners in Hong Kong and those throughout Southeast Asia as well as throughout the world.
- Develop a partnership between The Hong Kong Association of Art Therapists and other established art therapy associations.
- Mail Address: P.O. Box No. 4551, General Post Office, Hong Kong.